iScreensaver and macOS Big Sur 10.16 (11.0)

Apple released the first developer’s beta of macOS Big Sur (which is either version 10.16 or 11.0, depending on where you look).
Although this is an early beta, we have been testing iScreensaver with it, and so far are not seeing very many issues at all.

We are happy to announce the release of version 6.5.0.1330 which has a couple of small improvements for Big Sur.
See Release Notes for details.

We will be updating this post as more information becomes available.

Ok, this is probably a newb question, but I just bought the Home version of the software. When I build a screensaver file for Mac and try to install it on my other may, I get the green “not licensed for distribution” message. The Mac I am trying to run it on is an M1 iMac running Big Sur, if that makes a difference. I was under the impression tat I could create a screensaver that I could install on up to 5 computers.

Yes, this is a bug we’ve just identified in Big Sur on M1 macs. We have a fix which should be releaed shortly, but if you’d like to try out a beta version today, please email us and we’ll hook you up. Apologies for the inconvenience.

For sure I’d try a beta. I tried clicking on the email icon and got a page not found message. what email address should I send my request to?

Which email icon did you click? We should fix that!

top right.

We’ve just releasd 6.6.1 with these fixes. See https://iscreensaver.com/features6.shtml

Please see this continuation thread with information about Big Sur and later: iScreensaver, macOS Big Sur 11.5 and Montery 12.0 Compatibility Issues