How Do I Correct Error Message When I Drag and Drop Images Into Simple Screensaver?

Hello, Folks,

Could anybody out there please help me? I know that I’m probably old enough to be your grandmother (72) but decades ago, my husband and I created and sold some of the first wildlife screensavers in Alaska (on discs, then CDs) so I’m not unfamiliar with the process.

I’m using a PC running Windows 10. I haven’t had this problem creating a screensaver using our current PowerPoint program, but iScreensaver has several features that I want to include.

I am trying to make a simple screensaver using about 500 of our images. I used Photoshop to resize tif images as we read that 1600 x 1200 @ 100 dpi jpg would display best, although I’d rather use png images, if possible.

I dragged and dropped my images into the program and they appear fine.

However, when I click on the “Preview,” then “Run Full Screen,” I get the following error:

What am I doing wrong? Could you please help a little old lady who is too young to retire?

Thanks in advance for your help!

iScreensaver uses a Webview for rendering the playback. What’s happening there is our software is trying to use the OLE WebView control and getting an error message.

HTMLPlayer2.SetZoom ExecWB gave OLEException -2147352567 Exception, Failed on ExecWB

Most likely causes: your operating system is not up-to-date.

• What version of windows are you using? You can get this information by hitting the Start menu and typing winver and hitting the enter key

• If you go to Windows Update (hit Start Menu, type update and select the Windows Update Settings control panel) - are you updated or are there updates pending?

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I did as you suggested and found the following:

Again, thanks so much for your help. I’ll take it from here.

Seems you have a “Stuck Windows Update” - that’s pretty common. If you can get it running again and do all updates, you should be able to use the screensaver software without error.

If not, please let us know so we can try to help!

Thanks so much! It’s appreciated!